Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Suggestion Removal/Nerf to KB

LancerSquid

Sentry
kb sword in Loka I rate for uses such as help teammates push for better player kills, or protecting themselves rather than remove it.

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
If this is such a big problem why is it just becoming an issue now? Minecraft combat surrounding KB has not changed since at least 1.9 (released in 2016!) and since then there has been much meta discovery and change in Loka, however, I think this is merely just an effect of a few people who have gotten good at learning when to use KB to avoid being killed in a fight. More power to them imo. KB is too central a feature of Minecraft to get changed (and yes, Loka does have the damage boost, but I think that is a different story because all that does is speed up combat, not fundamentally change or remove a feature in combat). If you want to come on Loka just to raw Sharp 5 no KB people in fights, you clearly misunderstand what conquest is supposed to be. There is much more to the game features that just the raw fighting tactics in conquest and the more modes of fighting, the better.

Melon

If this is such a big problem why is it just becoming an issue now? Minecraft combat surrounding KB has not changed since at least 1.9 (released in 2016!) and since then there has been much meta discovery and change in Loka, however, I think this is merely just an effect of a few people who have gotten good at learning when to use KB to avoid being killed in a fight. More power to them imo. KB is too central a feature of Minecraft to get changed (and yes, Loka does have the damage boost, but I think that is a different story because all that does is speed up combat, not fundamentally change or remove a feature in combat). If you want to come on Loka just to raw Sharp 5 no KB people in fights, you clearly misunderstand what conquest is supposed to be. There is much more to the game features that just the raw fighting tactics in conquest and the more modes of fighting, the better.
Back when I used to actively play the server, this really wasn't a big issue, KB just wasn't used the way that it is now. People would bow boost to run away and catch up to others, and maybe its disappearance is what began to popularize KB. Regardless, it seems that KB has been the meta on Loka for quite some time now. I'm not sure whether you are trying to say that the KB meta came about by a few people being good at it, or that's the problem now. Well, KB is a problem now because EVERYONE uses it, not just a few people who are good at using it. You then also say that KB is too central a feature of Minecraft to be changed. I don't know how KB is considered a central minecraft feature, but maybe you meant Loka. What about crystals, shields, and turtle pots. Do you know why all of these vanilla minecraft features were removed or nerfed? It was because they were mechanics that took very little skill to use, but gave massive advantages to the user. Foxy, if KB took skill to pull off, I would be completely on your side. The more tactics that you can utilize in conquest, the better. But like these other features, KB is extremely easy to use, and gives massive advantages to the one using it. You are also right in saying that the 33% damage increase does speed up combat, but KB works directly against this by slowing it down. I wrote an entire essay on why KB was broken, and asked people to refute it. I wasn't trying to get a bunch of people saying "why should we remove another vanilla mechanic" or "KB was just removed on cove why change more". I was hoping those who disagreed could give arguments on why KB wasn't actually broken, and how it is good and balanced the way its being used now. The only valid argument I have seen is doota saying it helps prevent newer players from qding. If I'm really misunderstanding what conquest is supposed to be, bring all the other vanilla features back, as I'm grouping KB right there with them.

capybara

Muted
Wait so you’re coping about the meta changing? Crystals are a broken Minecraft feature in vanilla being able to one tap anyone, shields can prevent damage while outputting with no skill and come on turtle master? You’re joking right? It literally gives the user broken resistance. Kb is not a broken vanilla feature and is just the new meta evolving and changing. Instead of boww boosting people kb boost and instead of a recruit dropping in 5 seconds they can survive and actually hold value to their team as a number.
And Kb being removed from cove was a good thing because people were able to kite with ease to docks and escape with minimal effort by just pearling around on mountains kbing people down and getting in docks. I really don’t understand the argument that “it makes killing people impossible and has no skill to refill” like just stick to them kb them from their shulker and watch their pearl and they will die either way. Armor still breaks quickly and kb doesn’t change that.

Melon

How addicted are you guys to KB lmao. This mechanic is clearly insanely broken and if you’ve ever fought anyone using it you know this.
. I really don’t understand the argument that “it makes killing people impossible and has no skill to refill” like just stick to them kb them from their shulker and watch their pearl and they will die either way. .
My entire argument is that you CAN’T stick them. You can generate space whenever you want by hitting them with KB, there’s no way to apply pressure anymore. You say I’m just not happy with the meta changing, yet you are clinging to KB as if you can’t live without it. Instead of attacking me for wanting to get rid of it, make an actual case for why it’s fair to create 10 blocks of space whenever you feel like it.
and instead of a recruit dropping in 5 seconds they can survive and actually hold value to their team as a number.
Already discussed that, read this and then respond to the points I made.
Well yeah, my argument is just that the skill requirement is lowered to a point where you no longer need to know how to pot to play conquest, taking away from the main feature of the server. And the argument that KB allows worse players to stay alive longer is true, but at the same time it makes better players invincible. This makes it so that in conquest, the majority of people who die in the beginning are just newer players who can't even survive with kb. There is no way to target and take out better players, you won't be able to kill them. This leads to the side with more qds just getting overwhelmed with nothing they can do about it. In an even fight the side with more newer players is basically guaranteed to lose, no matter how good their carries are. You are trying to say that taking away from the actual skill required to play the game is a good thing, which maybe I would agree with if it didn't effect the actual skill cap. But making it so that worse players have an easier time at the expense of the rest of the server isn't a good thing in my opinion.
We aren’t helping anyone by just saying the same things over and over. I’m suggesting this as I believe it would benefit the server. Just because I’m the “only one” complaining about it doesn’t make it a balanced mechanic, everyone can carry a crutch. I have presented the negatives of being able to generate space whenever you want. Refute these, or add to the positives, such as doota saying it helps recruits from qding.

Lampp_

Foxy when he realizes people can find new things to a gamemode:

Greeneryy

Muted
People still die in conquest, KB shouldn't be changed just cause you like taking 1v1s and expect to actually get kills from it, while KB may do an excellent job at keeping significant people more alive in conquest, a LOT of people still die lol

UghBraces

-1 idk what exactly ur doing differently than me in conquest but kb main handing is not that big of an issue in conquest. if you are fighting people in the middle it is a normal teamfight and i do not see how kb could be changed without massively changing conquest and probably making it 20x easier to take charges

Melon

-1 idk what exactly ur doing differently than me in conquest but kb main handing is not that big of an issue in conquest. if you are fighting people in the middle it is a normal teamfight and i do not see how kb could be changed without massively changing conquest and probably making it 20x easier to take charges
Ughbrace 😡 I am going to grief your entire town if you don’t actually read my forums post

doota

I’m just waiting for someone to explain how this is a fair mechanic. There’s a reason no one has.
yeah but no one is complaining besides you. even if its unfair no one cares enough to remove it because in the end of the day everyone uses it so no singular player gets an advantage. If you remove the KB the recruits will just die faster and the carries will yet again be the last ones standing

UghBraces

Ughbrace 😡 I am going to grief your entire town if you don’t actually read my forums post
i have read most of it and i just do not experience these problems like you do. Everyone is still able to get kills and even if i am 1v1ing someone nobody really mainhands unless they are low and trying to kite (which i do not believe should be removed)

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
I'm not sure whether you are trying to say that the KB meta came about by a few people being good at it, or that's the problem now. Well, KB is a problem now because EVERYONE uses it, not just a few people who are good at using it.
The KB meta came out by people not being super silly and rejecting it for ages... This should've always been a viable tactic and it should stay that way.

Melon

So you guys are basically acknowledging that this isn’t a balanced mechanic, but you don’t care cause you want to keep your crutch and if everyone uses it what’s the problem.

Back