Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Shields

dylhnLOL

(Typed by ferremc)
Complaining about shields being broken because you cant disable them cus they will stop using them shows how little you know about shields. The skill isnt getting "reduced" or anything, is "molding" into the actual minecraft pvp meta. The reason why everyone using a shield stops using it when you are spamming the axe is because they have the skill to prevent getting disabled AND the skill to disable effectively and quickly. The counter to axes would perfectly be practicing disabling them and learn about them, not completely remove an item you guys were completely fine with until players who knew how to use it properly came. And yes, even if someone with a shield disable runs away it gives you an advantage. Also, must mention. Do you know how much durability a shield loses per sharp5 strenght2 33% damage buff crit? You can perfectly break the enemy shield just by critting him and rotating around him. And the shield loses EVEN more absurd damage from an AXE CRIT. Shield doesnt needs a nerf, playerbase needs to learn the item they have been using since it came
I understand what you are trying to say BUT we are talking about lokaMC I personally consider this server to be a different gamemode damage/playstyle wise and as long as shields are in the game anyone can be good. Yes specific UHC servers take still and shield pvp in general but that is normal damage when you mix in 33% extra damage it is almost impossible to stop a shield pvper on the fly without getting setup with everything to defend yourself from it.

Lampp_

I understand what you are trying to say BUT we are talking about lokaMC I personally consider this server to be a different gamemode damage/playstyle wise and as long as shields are in the game anyone can be good. Yes specific UHC servers take still and shield pvp in general but that is normal damage when you mix in 33% extra damage it is almost impossible to stop a shield pvper on the fly without getting setup with everything to defend yourself from it.
So instead of preparing for a shield player you just act like they dont exist? You are making 0 sense and if you cant hotkey a axe or webs or both into your hotbar then how are you gonna tank them critting you even without a shield and if you are gonna complain about not a enough inventory space put it into your echest Should we stop bringing kb to hit people off charges? should we stop bringing shield to take said charges? you cant use the argument of "you cant get set up on the fly fast enough"

A_uj

Slicer
Shield does seriously ruin the momentum and enjoyment of pvp I think that a lot of people on this thread are being kind of melodramatic and I feel like removing shield other than whilst you’re charged is a pretty drastic measure but I do agree they need a nerf

casperistrash

its very interesting how one part of the server wants shield literally removed, it is also the same side that paid about 5-6 players that abuse shields 300k shards to warp for them and carry with the shield, but now that the players are warping against them, or warping for them and team killing, a post to remove shields is made

kiadmowi

Slicer
its very interesting how one part of the server wants shield literally removed, it is also the same side that paid about 5-6 players that abuse shields 300k shards to warp for them and carry with the shield, but now that the players are warping against them, or warping for them and team killing, a post to remove shields is made
that is the worst grasp of what's happening i've ever read

A_uj

Slicer
Bro cov payed for the uhc players not bits the only uhc player that warped for bits was zeke youre just completely wrong

TIME4PVP

At their current state shields are completely broken and take away all elements of skill. Due to the fact that you can spam shield and not take any damage or kb I as well as many others believe that this is not an element of pot PVP. It is a completely different kind of PVP. What Loka is turning into is at its core just jumping and holding a shield. After hours of discussing I genuinely believe the best way to keep shields balanced is to only allow them in conquest when a player is charged. To use a shield, a player would have to get a charge, therefore, taking out the unnecessary nonsense in-between. A nerf is desperately needed. An axe is not a good enough counter when you are fighting any shield players that can predict your axe when you use it.
+2

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
In all seriousness, shields are an interesting part of the Minecraft PVP system that probably should have been used ages ago. As to why they weren't, we'll never know. Loka has always seemed to be this sword and pot meta PVP and every time someone seems to find a new niche it's either nerfed to all hell or removed, and this shield suggestion does just that. Shields might be difficult to deal with using a sword, but I'd actually like to know how many people hit someone from behind and use an axe to counter PVP as I've never experienced this happen despite using a shield to go for charges this past month. I don't know what the solution is, but whatever it might be it's definitely not this suggestion to make them only usable for charges. Also something worth noting is that shields are Minecraft's way of having skilled pvp, so I'm not sure how they're so incredibly unskilled because the best shield pvpers are the ones who can deal a lot of damage but still protect themselves, and the worst can at best protect themselves.

Hosthan

As a player who plays both Sword Only and UHC i feel like shields are less of a hassle than some think, people omit that some of us have been playing shield pvp for ages, just like they have been playing pot for ages, most pot pvpers can barely shield disable, but that's not the issue, with time most good players will get a grasp on how to disable shields effectively, (hopefully a shield disable sound can help), imo the issue that makes shields an issue is how easy it is to wait out your shield, in UHC when you're shield is down your options are narrowed to sheer sword or usage of secondaries, while on loka you can just run with speed 2 and epearls.

If any kind of nerf was to be implemented, i think that's the thing that must be tackled. Also, shield does take skill unlike some say, if it was so easy the skill cap in UHC wouldn't be as huge as it, there's more to it than "right click and press space".

Back