Welcome to our Forums!

Type /register while in-game to register for a forum account.

Implemented Shields

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Current shield recovery time is 5 seconds. This is extremely short. So in hopes of furthering this discussion, what would be a reasonable amount of time to increase the shield being disabled to? 25 seconds? 30 seconds?
I would argue even 10 seconds would be pretty nasty for most shield users to deal with. 25-30 seconds would make shields completely useless so I would say 10 seconds would be a good place to start.

Frxnkey

So what I am gathering from this discussion is that the general argument against axes at its current state is that the short duration that the shield is disabled doesn't warrant carrying around an axe. So the logical solution to this would be elongating the times that a disable affects the shield. I think this needs to be the main topic moving forward. In order to make the item fair to both sides the counter needs to be a viable option. This is the only solution to this problem that players are running into aside from removal of the shield completely.

Current shield recovery time is 5 seconds. This is extremely short. So in hopes of furthering this discussion, what would be a reasonable amount of time to increase the shield being disabled to? 25 seconds? 30 seconds?
THIS
Everyone is right by saying a shield disable is not worth the risk of dying. Cooldown way too short for loka.
Although I think many people are overexaggerating how op shields are lol. Many people are just taking shields when they are at their strongest, 1v1s, and using it to justify why they need to be nerfed for conquest, 50v50? King of a red herring :eek:

Asynchronized

Slicer
also to add to this anyone with a terrible connection cannot disable shields, making themselves completely useless against a shield player (me) (please send fiber)

FoxyBearGames

Guardian
Many people are just taking shields when they are at their strongest, 1v1s, and using it to justify why they need to be nerfed for conquest, 50v50? King of a red herring
Would agree here. Shields in 50v50 are completely different from a 1v1 and it's very difficult to balance things to work in both instances.

Mocc1

Guardian
Shield re-charge time nerfed to 15 seconds or something and while charged in conquest the recharge time is like 3 seconds or sum

ThePigGang

Guardian
Yeah I think its pretty unfair to just remove shields completely but I do agree that something does need to be nerfed. Only realistic solution I see is improving the axes ability to disable a shield and or making a completely new counter. Minecraft devs seem to favor shield pvp which sucks for us.

Regarding as to what frankey said about 1v1s. Now from my experience my loka conquest fights consist of multiple short little 1v1s as I am not constantly team fighting for 30 minutes. I can't really divvy up exactly what I do in a conquest fight as its always different but to say that 1v1s and conquest are unrelated is false and Im sure people can agree with that. I mean look at some of these loka montages, plenty of 1v1s midst a 50vs50 conquest fight.

I hope anything that is implemented from this thread does not make it unplayable for our current shield pvp community.

Last edited:

kiadmowi

Slicer
@ThePigGang sparky already brought this mechanic up previously in this thread, and while the wiki says it's a thing it just isn't because minecraft bugs they don't bother fixing.

any axe hit on a raised shield disables it currently

Lurnn

Slicer
@ThePigGang sparky already brought this mechanic up previously in this thread, and while the wiki says it's a thing it just isn't because minecraft bugs they don't bother fixing.

any axe hit on a raised shield disables it currently
im so confused how you all play loka for this long and dont already know this

Back